I’m going to go ahead and assume that you have at least one social media account. Because you’re reading this blog and that’s probably where you found it.
Let this sink in for a second: If you have a social media account, you have a brand. It’s you. You are your brand.
How do you come across online? Did that question make you shudder? Did you just have a flash back of every cringey thing you posted on Facebook in 2009?
No worries! I’ve got some questions to help you identify your personal brand so that going forward you can really focus on what your brand represents and how to present it to the world.
Answer these questions to identify your personal brand:
1. What is your motivation for posting- To educate? To entertain?
2. Who is your primary demographic- Friends? Family? Colleagues?
3. What’s your vision for your future- Where do you see yourself in one year? 5? 10?
4. What are your key attributes? What do people compliment you on?
5. What are your personality traits? Do you know your personality type?
6. What are your strengths?
7. What motivates you? Fame? Fortune? Amount of likes?
8. What is your definition of success?
9. What do you want to be remembered for?
10. What impact do you want to have on people?
11. Ask close friends, colleagues and family members to scroll through your social media pages and tell you what your brand is based on what you post. What do they say?
Take some time to thoughtfully think through these questions and answer them honestly- there are no right or wrong answers, only you being unapologetically yourself! If you don’t love how you are presenting yourself online I have great news- you can start to change it! You can continue to evolve and grow your brand as you discover more about your personality traits, your future goals, and what you are passionate about. When you are living your passion, you are an inspiration to those around you and it will speak to your audience!